Our 16th century private chapel has been sensitively and lovingly brought into the 21st century. It has not changed from the outside and looks every bit as it did back when the Lord and Lady of the Manor were privately saying their prayers.
We have styled this building as an amorous hide-away – which felt only natural as this building feels like it has romance in its very stones! It is small, cosy and intimate. The design has been heavily influenced by camper van style living. The two-ring hob, 50′s diner-style seating and welsh blanket headboard all help give that 'holiday-escape' feel.
The double shower in the wet-room downstairs is glorious. The bed is comfortable and the quiet of the Devon countryside is sublime. The ladder-like stairs take a bit of getting used to, but once you've mastered them, they are great fun! There is also a little terrace area for you to enjoy a glass of wine on a balmy evening too.
- Sleeps 2 (sorry no children or babies)
- 1 double bed and dining seating for two.
- Wifi available (we have a rural internet service and as such fibre is unavailable).
- DVD player, flat screen TV.
- Ladder style staircase may not be suitable for elderly or those with restricted mobility.
- Linen and towels are included (please bring your own beach towels).
- Wet-room with double shower.
- Self–catering – a beautiful hand-made kitchen containing everything you might need.
- A small fridge with freezer in top compartment and two–ring hob and a double oven.
- Access to washing machines, tumble dryer and washing lines.
- Private decked area with outside furniture and planting.
- Outside large bath
- Shared terrace, garden, BBQ, tennis court, surf/bike store and games room on site.
- Owners live onsite.
- Sorry but no pets or smoking in the apartment.
You may be interested in checking out our other characterful two person property 'Amity', which is also available for long weekends and short breaks